Missing time from work can cause financial and emotional hardship. Sheltering Arms' Industrial Rehabilitation program can help you recover from workplace injuries and avoid future hazards to maximize time on the job.
Our return to work plan takes into account your job requirements, specific injuries and individual needs. Your therapist will work with you to facilitate your physical recovery, improve strength and conditioning, teach safe body mechanics and adaptations, determine your safe maximum abilities and make recommendations to coordinate a successful return to work.
Industrial Rehabilitation services include:
Functional Capacity Evaluation
- Objective & comprehensive testing of current functional abilities and limitations
(Based on the Roy Matheson System)
- Clear, work-relevant statements regarding your ability to return to work and any necessary limitations
Impairment Rating Estimate
- Provides a measure of your impairment based on severity of injury
- Utilizes AMA 5th & 6th Edition Guidelines
Functional Capacity Evaluations & Impairment Rating Estimates
- Typically scheduled within one week
- Results are hand delivered to the referring doctor and faxed to case manager within 3 business days
- Physical testing to determine your suitability for a job
- Measures your physical ability to perform a particular task or the strength of specific muscle groups
Work Hardening/Back to Work Program
- To improve your functional tolerance to the highest possible level with goal of return to work without restrictions
- Increase activity level to get you stronger and increase your ability to move
- Patient specific work tasks monitored by a Physical Therapist
- Typically a four week program of full days from 7:30a.m. - 3:00p.m. or six weeks of half days from 7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Work Hardening vs. Work Conditioning
- Higher Level
- Full day (7:30a.m. - 3:00p.m. Monday-Friday)
- Individual goal oriented program based on available job description to focus on specific work tasks before returning to work
- Based on "Industrial Athlete" model
- 2-4 weeks of half days or less (2-4 hours)
- The goal is to allow you to "build up" your physical conditioning and work on improving job specific tasks while still allowing you to work
Call (877) 56-REHAB and ask for Industrial Rehab Services today!