Understanding that you want to know more about your health and how it impacts your daily life, our clinical experts offer educational opportunities on a regular basis. Learn more about upcoming events:
Stroke Education Group
Learn important information about stroke recovery from our group facilitators and other survivors and caregivers!
Preventing a recurrence, positive lifestyle and diet information
- Safety in the home – living with a disability
- Medication information and management
- Emotional wellness and caregiver support
- Financial wellness/living will
- Community resources and services
The program takes stroke survivors and their caregivers through a series of educational and support sessions provided by Sheltering Arms rehabilitation professionals and experts in community resources. The sessions will encourage progress, provide opportunities for you to share your experiences, and lend support throughout the stroke recovery process.
For more information or to register for the next Stroke Education Group, call
Chronic Disease Self Management Class
This six-week self-management program is designed to help you learn to best manage your health condition and take control of your life and health. Research has shown that people who participate in this workshop report greater energy, better ability to manage stress, increased exercise and physical activity, and improved quality of life.
Workshop topics include:
- Discovering better nutrition and exercise choices
- Finding ways to control pain and fatigue
- Practical tips for making daily activities easier
- Effective communication about your health
- Managing fear, anger and frustration
- Action plans for lifestyle changes
Take advantage of the tools and resources provided for you in this proven program developed by Stanford University.
For more information or to register, call (804) 764-5275.