We have some amazing nurses at Sheltering Arms! Above and beyond their nursing degrees and licensure, 26 of our RNs are Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses (CRRNs) and 10 recently earned the new Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) designation. We have Certified Professional Coders (CPCs) and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) on our team as well. All of these certifications reflect their dedication to the profession and to caring for their patients.
While the nurses at Sheltering Arms have tremendous clinical skills and expertise, they also come from very interesting and diverse backgrounds. Did you know that our nursing team includes:
- A Shiitake mushroom grower
- A black belt in taekwondo
- A personal trainer and Zumba instructor
- A certified scuba diver
- An AAU National Karate Champion
- An employee of Sheltering Arms for 42 years
- A civil engineer
- A couple who has been married for 36 years
- Individuals who have done missionary work
- A Mensa member
- Several tri-lingual individuals
- Little league coaches
- People who have lived in each of the seven continents
- Animal lovers…and plant lovers too!
During Nurses Week, we celebrate all of the Sheltering Arms nurses for the wonderful people they are and the nurturing care they give patients every day. Thank you, nurses!
This record has been viewed 937